Western House, St. Charles Missouri

At the far south end of St. Charles’ historic main street, within a stones throw of the Missouri River sits a grand old building. The Western House was built prior to 1821 as a hostelry and inn. Many pioneers in covered wagons left from this point following Boone’s Lick Trail out of which grew The Santa Fe Trail, The Salt Lake Trail and The Great Oregon Trail. In 2011, the building is home to The Conservatory, a venue for wedding receptions.

Leave a Comment: